Monday, December 17, 2012

Sandy Hook



 
For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39
 
 
This past Friday, December 14th, I wasn't having such a great day. I had recieved a grade on a paper I didn't particularly like, final exams coming up I wasn't ready for and it just seemed like the day dragged on. My Dad had informed me of a school shooting in passing, but I didn't pay much attention. I had my own issues. My own personal problems. Nothing is worse than this. Well...I was wrong.
 
Later on that day I overheard my Mom talking on the phone with my Aunt about the shooting, so I decided to turn on the T.V and see what all the ruckus was about. I couldn't believe it. A man had entered an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut and shot 27 people; 20 were children and 7 were adults. The event is now ranked as the second deadliest mass shooting in U.S history. Most of the children were around the ages of 6 and 7 and had only just begun their academic careers. Innocent lives lost-graduations that won't be attended, future weddings that won't be planned and grand-children that won't be born. All lost.
 
I'm crying just typing this. I know my blog is on fashion and styling, but after much prayer and thought, I decided just to post my quick response to this tragedy. Although you may not reside in America, or you may not even have children like me, you still can understand the devastation. The pain. The hurt. But you know what? Jesus can heal all the pain. All the hurt. Everything...if you allow Him. I'm slowly but surely learning that myself. God bless America and God bless you, reader.
 
xoxo Kiersten
 
P.S Heaven just gained some little angels today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment